A 501(C)(3) NON-PROFIT
P.O. Box 545
St. Cloud, MN 56302-0545
Tip Line: 1-800-255-1301
Crimes (274637) Keyword TriTip
Admin Line: 320-247-4424
Purpose of the Board of Directors
To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, assist with leadership and general promotion of the Tri-County Crime Stoppers of Minnesota, Inc so as to support the organization's mission and needs
The mission of the Tri-County Crime Stoppers of Minnesota, Inc., is to promote public participation in the apprehension of criminals and the prevention of criminal activity.
1. Organizational leadership and advisement.
2. Organization of the board of directors, officers and committees.
3. Development and oversight of policies and procedures.
4. Financial management including adoption and oversight of the annual budget.
5. Approval of rewards.
6. Selection, support and assessment of the Executive Board.
7. Ongoing review of organizational and programmatic reports.
8. Promotion of the organization in the community.
9. Fund-raising and outreach.
Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the best interest of Crime Stoppers. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Meetings and Time Commitment
1. The board meets on the 2nd Thursday of every month at 12:00 p.m and last about 1 hour. Meetings are typically held at the St. Cloud Police Department unless otherwise stated.
2. Board members are expected to miss no more then three consecutive meetings and are to notify a member of the Executive Committee when they cannot attend a meeting. If a board member does not notify a member of the Executive Committee, his or her absence will be marked as unexcused. Three unexcused absences may result in removal from the board.
Expectations of Board Members
1. Prepare for, attend and actively participate in meetings on a regular basis and special events as able.
2. Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by Crime Stoppers' mission and objectives.
3. Help communicate and promote Crime Stoppers' mission to the community.
4. Become familiar with Crime Stoppers' finances, budget and financial/resource needs.
5. Financially support Crime Stoppers as much as possible and encourage others to join you with their support.
Becoming a Board Member
Our current board includes homemakers, retired law enforcement/corrections people, security and safety professionals, college professors and other concerned citizens.
If you are interested, please download our TCCS Application Packet.pdf.
Executive Board 2017
Board of Directors
Student Representative: Term Expires December 31, 2017
Term Expires December 31, 2017
Term Expires December 31, 2018
Term Expires December 31, 2019